“When The Pictures Really Matter” is an innovative photography course specially created for dentists by Dr. Eduardo De Aguiar and Dr. Jesus Ostos. The course aims to train dentists on how to effectively apply state-of-the-art photography and editing techniques to the areas of marketing, innovation, self-evaluation, and legal matters. The main goal is to inspire dentists and teach them how to use photography as a powerful tool to energize and support the success of their practice. During the execution of the course, the instructors show, explain and recommend the use of photographic and computer equipment, as well as numerous accessories to achieve the objectives. With great success, this course has been taught in countries like the United States, Australia, Argentina, Canada, Colombia, Brazil, Dominican Republic, United Kingdom, Kingdom of Bahrein, Kuwait, Peru, UAE and Venezuela.
14 CE Units (Issued by Long Island Institute)
Friday, February 7, 2020 / 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Saturday, February 8, 2020 / 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
• Foundations of photography (settings)
• Equipment for dental and facial photography
• Handling photographic equipment
• Principles of image capturing
• Protocols for intraoral and extraoral imaging
• Communication of the treatment
• Communication with the patient
• Basic principles for editing images in dentistry
• Handling the software and applications to create art for dental marketing
• Editing errors
To download the event brochure and a list of recommended photography devices go to: https://bit.ly/2P4Ga4i
Photo Camera DSLR or Mirrorless type and Accessories (optional)
Attendees should bring the camera of their choice. It does not matter if it is Canon or Nikon. If they are buying, they should contact PhotoMed at (818) 908-5369. They sell cameras and are very familiar with the needs of dental offices.
Dual flash is necessary only if doctors want to learn how to improve shade lab communication
Canon Macro Lens 100mm
Nikon Macro Lens 105mm
Adobe Photoshop software up to Cs5 version installed (Full or Trial version) mandatory
Adobe Lightroom up to 5 version CC CLASSIC (Full or Trial version) mandatory
Laptop with Windows must have PowerPoint installed
Laptop with MAC iOS must have Keynote installed
Doctor De Aguiar told me that if a doctor does not bring a camera, they can still learn because they could borrow one from the photo stations that will be set up.
ABOUT THE SPEAKERS
REFUND POLICY: Cancellations made 30 days or more in advance of the course date, will receive a 100% refund. Cancellations received 29 days or fewer before the course date will not receive a refund. Call 800.229.0936 if you wish to speak with us directly.
To receive negotiated rates on flights and/or hotel, we recommend you book through our travel coordinator, Susie Levitz with PROTRAVEL.
Direct: 561-886-5439 -FL
• Best Western Plus Vineyard Inn (5 minute walk to MicroDental CA Lab)
7600 Southfront Rd.
Livermore, CA 94551
• ALOFT (15 minute drive to MicroDental CA Lab)
4075 Grafton St.
Dublin, CA 94568
• Rose Hotel (20 minute drive to MicroDental CA Lab)
807 Main St.
Pleasanton, CA 94566
• Hyatt Place (10 minute drive to MicroDental CA Lab)
4950 Hacienda Dr.
Dublin, CA 94568
• Oakland International Airport (preferred, closest airport to MicroDental CA Lab)
1 Airport Dr.
Oakland, CA 94621
• San Jose International Airport
1701 Airport Blvd.
San Jose, CA 95110
• San Francisco International Airport
San Francisco, CA 94128